This weekend started a cold snap and it is CoLd!!! Today it is 3 degrees and the wind chill is in the minuses! We had a nice weekend. I didn't get all the stuff I wanted to get to done but it still was a pleasant one. Friday, Matt & I got off work early and headed home. The kids had their Christmas parties. I helped out at Bree's and Matt helped in Logan's room. Kind of sad thinking that this will be the last year that the two of them will be in the same school ever again. As soon as school let out Bree & I dropped Matt and Logan off at the house and headed to the gym. Bree had a level 5 Invitational meet. There were 7 teams there including ours. It was a fun meet. I had to run the score computer and Bree did very well. She didn't get her qualifying score for nationals yet but she did get 3rd place AA for her age level out of 12 girls!
Saturday morning we just hung around the house until it was time to go to the Eagles Children's Christmas party. At first we didn't think we would have anyone to sit with since both sets of our friends couldn't go at the last minute. We did end up sitting with an aquaintence of a friend and had a good time. The kids both got nice gifts. Next year though we are going to go later since our kids are older and it took over an hour to get to their age groups. We headed home after that and Bree decided to stay home. The rest of us went to Levin's and bought Logan new bedroom furniture. Now we just have to get it painted so we can get it all put together. He's really excited! He's just had hand me downs prior to this. Sunday it was extremely cold and not much going on so Matt decided we needed to come into work and get some things done since it is going to be a short week. Bree was less than thrilled to go and Logan was exicted. We ended up working 3 hours. Bree's attitude improved immensely and she helped alot! Logan on the other hand was really good but not much help! LOL! We got home around 3pm and had some lunch and then Matt & I both took a much needed nap. That evening I took the kids to our annual tradition of going to "A Night in Bethlehem" They always enjoy going and it helps to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas. We've gone for at least the past 10 years. Logan knows it all too well so when we got downstairs to the "town" he refused to pay his taxes knowing that they would throw him in jail. He had so much fun! The local paper was there taking pictures and later asked for his name. Not sure what pictures they took of him but I will keep my eye out and see if it makes the paper. Today I have to work and then I MUST wrap presents!! I also have a few little gifts yet to get. I know it will all work out but it's pretty stressful thinking about it! I feel really bad I didn't get Christmas cards done this year. I'm hoping to get out New Year's cards instead.
Monday, December 22, 2008
It's COLD outside!
Posted by Sancy at 8:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment