Thursday, February 12, 2009

Conferences

Today was parent teacher conferences. Im not overly pleased with either of the kids teachers this year. Bree's is ok, she just doesn't have as much personality as last years teacher. Bree's conference went well. We mostly just discussed Bree's AR reading and how Bree hates to read. Then we were off to Logan's. Now let me say Logan has been on the honor roll both grading periods so far. He's had 2 A's and a B. Logan's teacher says she's disappointed with him. She feels he isn't working hard enough. Personally he may not be but I'm pretty satisfied with honor roll, he is only 7. Yes his writing isn't the nicest but we're working on it. I counted at least 10 time in the conference that his teacher said she didn't have enough time for this or that and then her complaint about Logan is he doesn't take his time. HELLO..... maybe he's feeding off of your attitude. She also complained that he is too busy worry about other things and kids in the classroom and not enough on his work. He's 7, he's inquistive, he cares about other people and how things work. I think his teacher is better off teacher older kids and not 2nd graders. I left the conference thinking she doesn't know Logan at all and I can't wait until next year and hopefully a better teacher fit for Logan.

Bree has a gymnastics meet this weekend near Columbus. The two of us are going down Friday night and then the meet is on Saturday. The fun part is it is in the same town of a really good friend and we are going to meet up and go out to dinner and possibly another friend might come and visit also!

Life has been busy and the weather crappy so I haven't been following through with my exercising. I'm looking forward to when the weather breaks and start walking again. It was a great stress reliever for me. I just have a huge issue with using the treadmill that I hate. One of these days I'll save up some money and get one that I like.

0 comments: