Bats.....
Logan had his first T-ball practice on Saturday. It was really cold but he had fun. Matt is a helper too and I think he had fun also. He needs something to keep his mind busy and off of his jeep and money matters! Logan is way out of shape though! LOL!! He was panting after running. He batted really good and can throw well also. He just has to pick up his pace running and concentrate on catching. Hopefully the weather will hold out and he'll have practice again on Wednesday. I'll try to snap a few pictures.
Now on to Batty.....
I swear the guy at work is driving me BATTY!!! I call him Mr. A for annoying. It's hard to describe Mr. A. I sit and think if it's me and I just don't get along with others well. But I do have friends and I do get along with the owners so it can't totally be me right?!?
Mr. A has been here for a year now. It is so hard to even try to explain Mr. A without living it but I will attempt. Mr A. is the son of a friend of the owner. That is how he got his foot in the door here. I was told how bright my future would be here with Mr. A being my backup. I couldn't wait for him to start. Things were ok for about 2 months and then he started driving me batty. He's obsessive complusive about things. Everything has a way in his mind and if it isn't how he thinks it's supposed to be he doesn't deal well with it and moves crap around the warehouse until it's the way he feels it should be. We went rounds last fall about him moving crap. I spent a long time with the former warehouse guy getting everything in order and where the owner wanted it. Mr. A decided he didn't like the former guy or his way of doing stuff (even though it was me that dictated it) and moved it around to how he wanted it. Have you ever met anyone who can't finish a conversation and just keeps on babbling?? That is Mr. A. He can ask you a question and he just keeps on asking. Example: Last week I ordered pizza for lunch. The box was sitting on my desk and the plate also. Mr. A comes out of his office and offers me some oatmeal. I politely said "No Thank you". Most people would say ok and turn and walk away. Not Mr. A he continues with "are you sure?" I respond with a "I just ate" and point to the box on my desk. Mr A " It's really good and healthy for you". Me: "I JUST ate" Mr A: " Do your kids eat oatmeal?" Me: " They will but normally don't" Mr A: "Sure you don't want any??" Me: " I just ate and I really don't like oatmeal" Then he comes out 5 minutes later and asks me if I would like some grapes. It's great that he is so sharing but we have these non-stop questions on a daily basis. He can even be on things he thinks are funny like getting me nuts & bolts to eat while he out at Graybar. Ha Ha it's funny the first time but after being asked 3-4 times it is ANNOYING!!!! Let's move on to the fact that he was initially hired to be shop manager. After a while they let the Coastal guy go and the shop wasn't that busy. So Mr A was moved to help in the shop but to be in charge of Coastal. Mr A is so not happy with that. He is grumpy and negative when anything comes up about Coastal. He's lucky because pretty much, Coastal is saving his butt on not being let go because the shop can't afford to pay him just to be the shop guy. He is very moody and pouty. He had to come in a few hours on his day off this past week. You would have thought someone stole his balloons or something. We work in a SMALL shop. There were two people out sick plus him on vacation. Something are bound to come up and you are asked to step up. Sorry you lost some time but it wasn't that big of a deal. Mr A is just so frustrating to me. He's supposed to be my help but has no idea how to run the place. He wants owner to step down and leave him in charge yet he has no clue about the business without confiring with me. I'm supposed to run everything past him but it's impossible!! Ack!!!! He is driving me insane!! The owners aren't happy with him I wish he would just quit and hopefully we could find someone more compentant to step up to the plate and run this place with me!!!!
Monday, April 16, 2007
Bats & Batty
Posted by Sancy at 11:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Sancy - I have worked with people like that before and I SO know what you are talking about.
I hope he quits - SOON!
WTG for Logan! And for Matt - he needs the quality time!
I'm torn between elation and irritation today. He's not here today! Yeah!! But pissed because the owners are out of town and today is the day I leave early. He called at 7:30 this morning to say his son was sick and there was no way his wife could stay home. Yah right she's a teacher and there are tons of subs!! There is no one here to fill in. GRRRRRR!!!!!
Post a Comment