Thursday, June 19, 2008

June 19, 2008

It's still pretty unseasonably cold here today. We've lost at least 7 degrees on our pool warmth. I hope it warms up again soon. Logan still had a fever lastnight and was complaining about his throat hurting. He says he feels better today. I hope so! I feel bad when he is so sick and just lays around. He has ball practice tonight and then they have their first tournament on Monday night. Surprisingly they didn't do as bad as we thought. We weren't in the first round of tournaments because of our better score. Hmm! Who would have thunk it! LOL!

Bree has gymnastics again tonight. Her friend's mom is taking them and then I need to go up after work and get them. It gets kind of boring sitting there waiting, but I did get my new book yesterday and I know that will keep my occupied if noone is there to chat with. I've been reading the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. I am now about to start on the 4th and final book. It's a very good series!

I went for my annual check up at the Endocrinologist today. I had my fasting bloodwork and thyroid panels done last week. As I suspected my thyroid levels are lower than they had been. I can tell due to the fact that I've been extremely tired, irritable and a tad bit depressed. I also have been losing more hair than I would like to. It's been a real pain combing it in the morning! He upped my Synthroid amount to the next level. I hope it helps. He told me my Cholestrol was back down to a better level, Yay! But now he's concerned with my sugar. Boo! I know 99.9% of it is my fault. I love my bread! And I suck at exercising! I did so well last fall until I found out my treadmill wasn't keeping track right and then I lost all interest. I keep trying to think of something to bribe myself with to get in gear but so far nothing comes to mind. Grrrr! I wish it was easier! Hopefully this fall I'll find the money and join the Y. That way when Bree is at practice I can drive over to the main branch and get some exercise in. She goes for 2 1/2 hours 3 x's a week so that should give me some time! It just sucks that it is 20+ minutes from the house and it's not that cheap. Until then I will try walking outside and sucking it up and using my stupid, doesn't work right treadmill. Have I ever said that it was SUPPOSED to be my Christmas gift. DH wrapped up a picture and told me the treadmill was mine, and then I got some used piece of junk he got for free? Not a stellar moment in his life!

I've also been tossing around the idea of getting a dog. I would really enjoy having the kids involved in raising a baby and helping with it. I really want a Shih Tzu. Not too big, but still loves to play and stuff. I keep looking and I've found a few breaders for when I finally take the leap. It's just such a big commitment and I would feel so much better making that commitment with Matt on board which, being the true funsucker that he is, he is not! In the meantime I will keep looking and harassing the crap out of him. ;)

Last but not least, I want to thank the good thoughts I've gotten from my post yesterday. I really can't explain my feeling but it is something I just feel. I hope it is just involved with my irritablitly and depression I just posted about. I am working through it though! Thanks! :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

You should take up knitting! It would pass the time at gymnastics! Reading is good too, though.
Been thinking about you lately and wondering how you are doing. I am glad you are visiting the dr regularly about the thyroid to keep it in check.
Missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Be careful about being the one who wants the dog. It gets thrown in my face regularly that I was the one who wanted him. Don't get me wrong but if he misbehaves, gets sick, costs money...I hear about it! (That said, I get the same thing about the children because I suggested when we started having them....ah well...I wanted them too!)